Saturday, January 25, 2014

New Year 2014 & Plagiarism

Salam & Greetings. 

I hope is not to late wishing you Happy New Year & Welcome 2014. Finally, a new chapter and beginning of everything in this Year of Horse. Yes, horse according to the Chinese calendar. Its really a fun way to have this different year based to animals. Well its just their believes and its good to know sometimes. Year of 2014 hope to be a year full of interest and more motivation come along way. All the past dream will come true and successful by this year. Me? Motivated to update this blog everyday with full of interesting topics to share. 

A year has past and realized that several bloggers keep on repeating or the terms of their action PLAGIARISM. This means they copy & paste others work and admit those are theirs. This is absolutely wrong and why this happened? 

I have been detected this blog because I usually did a research on several topics on health, history, animals and many more for my scripting projects. What I found was, I read an article on things which written by scholars or professionals from western or Asia. Then there were other bloggers which currently from my country wrote on same topic, but they just translated it to Malay language without mentioned their sources. The most important act, they said it is their writing. Emm..it keep me wonder who wrote those article? Basically, I refer to those who wrote the article by Goggling their names and for sure and confirmed they are the writers. Writers who had background on the studies..

I couldn't believe that this is a matter of unaccepted behavior. And its true the action of plagiarism had been become a very hot topic in local university. Here, we have tons of government & private university. During my years at U, there was a captured of student plagiarist. Furthermore, it is a student from communication & media studies student but it too happened to others faculty. What ashamed. Well, they were given a warning and failed the paper. Of course, they deserved that. 

During my year as Master student ( I did not finished the program - thesis write up only..he), plagiarism existed among old students which changed my perception of those who took the courses. My lecturer had warned about the action and repeated the warned personally to me. Its a really bad offence because the person who had been caught was one of my colleague in the program. Well, juggling between carrier, assignment and datelines were those burdened days. I managed to finish all my coursework with great CGPA but got to faced a very tight scheduled on thesis writing. I had to given up my program but still insist to continue my studies. I still remembered what my program adviser told me, 'You must keep your enthusiasm & spirit on studies and Insyallah you will get your PHd'. 

Today, plagiarism become serious offended in higher education especially those who are in higher degree. Still there is a report on students been captured as plagiarist and those reports really saddened me. To be a student in University its a privilege and a new chapter in your life to grow and know the world. There is a different ways of learning and should each student carry this responsibility to achieve their goal. So far, only who had goal will achieved. Environment of what is your ambition must go on, not restricted to kindergarden and primary kids.  

My attention here that, we should remind our children especially those who are in higher education on this matter. Yes, we don't have the capability in helping them to get a correct resources especially when they are not in the same program. What we can do is get them to be real, support and guide to be more successful student. 




No comments:

Post a Comment